After 40 years in business IEW Ltd has become a highly experienced SME having established itself as a subcontract electronic manufacturer building bespoke complex Electrical panels, Cables, Plc controllers and PCB’s to customers specification.
IEW currently employ 50 staff and due to continued growth, we are currently looking for two enthusiastic, motivated individuals to join our team.
Position: Cable Assembler
Responsible to: Cell Leader
Job Purpose: Assembly of cables to Customers Specifications / Drawing whilst maintaining a high level of Quality and building efficiently.
- Assembly of units to the required Customer / IEW build standard.
- Working in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of quality.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Ability to read and understand Customer Drawings and build instructions.
- Experienced in soldering and crimping.
- Willingness to learn new jobs.
- Ability to use measuring tools to a high level of accuracy.
- Good team building skills and the ability to work as a team member.
Areas of focus:
- Cable assembly with a variety of D connectors, solder connectors, crimped connectors.
- Familiarity with Fischer, Molex, Lemo, Binder, Hartin, Amphenol connectors advantageous.
- Quality is of paramount importance. Training is provided for specific requirements.